Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Snowflake Spot

I thought today I would share with you a card that I made for a demo swap that I'm a part of with our extended local group. This is a new thing for this group, we will be swapping on a quarterly basis and should get some great ideas for classes from these!! Each quarter will have a theme and this one was Christmas/Holiday.

I just got my new scallop punch and could resist using it for this swap. One of the snowflake stamps from the Snowflake Spot set worked perfectly to mat on to the scallop punch. I used a card base of Night of Navy and matted on top of that a wavy strip of Brocade Blue. I used the CM decorative trimmer on this, it is great for making uniform swell or wavy cuts. The Brocade Blue strip has been stamped with the smallest snowflake from this set in versamark and then a a knotted strip of Night of Night grosgrain ribbon was applied. I stamped Cheer in Night of Navy on the Brocade Blue wavy strip. The scallops were cute from Bordering Blue and then layered with two circle punches in Brocade Blue and one Night of Navy. The medium snowflake was stamped on Shimmery White (this is the most beautiful paper in the world if you ask me!!!) and Dazzling Diamonds was added to the snowflakes using the two way glue stick (great stuff).

Very fun card to make and so easy! Give me a yell if you want to learn to make this card yourself or need any of the products listed here for your VERY OWN!!!

Thanks for looking!
Diane

0 comments: