Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day FUN!!

Happy Monday everyone! I'm very excited about bringing you this card today. In my blog hopping for inspiration I came across the very talented Connie Babbett and her wonderful St. Patrick's Day card. Stampin'Up! offers a great St. Patty's day set but it was a set that I could see me only using one time a year. I really wanted to make a St. Patrick's Day card but didn't want to buy the set for a couple of cards per year! Then I stumbled on this card on Connie's site. When I find an inspirational project I try to tweak it to make it my own but this card was so perfect as it was that I basically left it as Connie had designed it. The only difference is I didn't have the DSP paper that Connie used so I made my own! I used the Forever Flowers Stampin Around wheel with the Garden Green classic ink, it turned out very nicely for a background and I used a differnt heart stamp for the clover leafs.

The card is a nice large one, the base is Chocolate Chip, then a Garden Green layer with the handmade patterned Certainly Celery card stock on top of that. I then added two strips of 5/8" stitched Chocolate Chip grosgrain. The final layers are Garden Green layered lastly with Whisper White. The clover leafs were layered on to the Whisper White with a clear rhinestone brad for the center to add a touch of bling. Overall a very fun card to make and very pretty too!!

Let me know if you want to make one of these cards for yourself, I'll be more than happy to help you do that :)

As always thanks for stopping by for a look today, see you soon!










0 comments: