Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bouncing Brayer & Polar Bears....OH MY!!

Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Whisper White


Brilliant Blue, YoYo Yellow, Garden Green and Real Red.

Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Basic Black, Real Red and Brilliant Blue and Real Red eyelets.











Brilliant Blue, Whisper White, Lovely Lilac, Pixie Pink.

I had really been wanting to try the Bouncing Brayer technique and so finally got the ink pad ordered that I needed to give it a try. SCS also made it the tutorial of the week in their newsletter so it was a great time to finally give it a try! I also had this retired Polar Bear set that I had not yet used and it seemed like the perfect combination. I multi-layered each of the cards and cut the polar bear images out of whisper white and used dimensionals to pop them up on the card. The brayer technique is really not hard at all it just takes a little practice to keep the brayer in the same center section so that you end up with the pretty fan look, you can see how I messed that up a bit in the first photo, but still looks okay I thought......card making doesn't have to be perfect ;) It is also a bit messy when you first get started but that gets better as you gain experience also.

Hope you enjoy these as much as I did making them......and as always, thanks for looking!

4 comments:

gretchenhs said...

Those look fantastic! I have a friend who is a HUGE polar bear fan, and she would go bonkers over those. =)

Deborah said...

Diane,
These are really cool - pardon the pun! I would love to learn how to do this technique. Maybe you can show me!

MJ said...

Very cute. I love those polar bears. You did an excellent job with this technique.

Anonymous said...

Diane, This technique suggests the northern lights. How about trying it with gable green, then orchid opulence, and finally bashful blue. That would add the colors of the northern lights.
Sue Erickson